This is a 60-minute virtual class held over Zoom. Students are asked to try to sew their first Ally Face Mask following our online instructions before class. The session is intended to focus on answering questions and giving tips for production of the masks.
Skill Level: Intermediate
You’ve done simple sewing projects before. You know how to thread and operate a consumer sewing machine.
- Smartphone, tablet, or webcam-enabled laptop computer
- Sewing machine
- Thread scissors
- Point Turner (a chopstick, crochet needle, or pen will do!)
- Safety Pin
- Straight Pins
- Seam ripper (just in case!)
- Materials listed in our Ally Face Mask instructions or pre-cut materials from the Ally Face Mask Production Kit.
Before class, please do the following:
- Setup a clean, organized work area with all the required tools and materials
- Try to sew your first Ally Face Mask so you know what parts you may need help with
- Write a list of questions to ask the instructor on steps that are unclear or other areas where you need support.
Fees for this class are subsidized by financial support from New Sun Rising, Bridgeway Capital’s Creative Business Accelerator, and the Hillman Foundation.