This workshop, co-created with Alma | Lewis, led by interdisciplinary artist Marvin Touré, will provide participants with a three hour introductory course on mold making and resin casting, where you will receive basic knowledge of one-part mold making and casting techniques, all while making your own resin cast dice! Along with covering the foundations of safety, mold making, and resin usage, you’ll also be given the opportunity to discuss individual goals on applying these techniques and learn how you might best tailor these methods towards future efforts beyond this course.
Marvin Touré (b.1991) is an Ivorian-American artist who uses fictional narratives and the objects of innocence as a vehicle to interrogate themes of love, loss, and memory. Click here to learn more about his works.
You’ll walk away with:
- Resin cast forms and figures, handmade by you!
- Basic knowledge of one-part mold making
- Basic knowledge of resin casting
- Silicone and Resin safety
- Tips and tricks on how to diagnose and solve common issues
- (1) – 3 hour session of hands-on instruction
- All Required Project materials (including all Personal Protective Equipment (PPE))