Enhance your sewing skills as you work through the technicalities of drafting a pattern with Fashion Designer, Tamara Boyd—all while learning how to operate our Serger and Industrial Textile Machines (list of dates at bottom of description).!
The purpose of this course is to develop a hands-on understanding of flat pattern-making. Through this course the student will enhance their knowledge of pattern terms, working with reclaimed textiles, and techniques used for pattern manipulation.
This course is designed for participants who have taken Textiles Intensive Level 1 or who already understand the basic, careful, and safe operation of a Consumer Sewing Machine.
Non-members: $360; Members: $280
(you must be signed into your account to view the discount, learn more here)
This is an intensive, four-session course designed for up to 6 students with up to 2 hours of homework between sessions. There will be optional peer meet-ups to complete necessary homework.
- Saturday, 10/29, 1:00-4:00pm
- Saturday, 11/5, 1:00-4:00pm
- Saturday, 11/12, 1:00-4:00pm
- Saturdy, 11/19, 1:00-4:00pm
You’ll walk away with:
- A custom, hand-drafted, reusable tote hand sewn by you!
- Clearance to use our Serger and Industrial Sewing Machines
- The ability to draft a pattern, finish edges with an industrial serger, and create a long-lasting piece for your collection
- Insight into the circular fashion industry