Learn basic vector design skills for CNC by creating simple wall clocks in Inkscape. We’ll realize your design on the Laser & Vinyl Cutter in this 4-week intensive with local artist, Lizzee Solomon!
You’ll learn how to draw 2D designs using vector software, and will be able to jump head-first into the world of vector drawing for CNC. You will also learn how to operate our highly versatile Large Format Laser Cutter and easy-to-use CNC Vinyl Cutter to realize your designs in a variety of materials. As you develop these skills, you will experience first-hand how to start a project from design to execution using vector drawing software and CNC technology.
No clearance or prior experience required, however comfort using Windows computers is needed.
Non-members: $360; Members: $280
(you must be signed into your account to view the discount, learn more here)
This is an intensive, four-session course that includes membership and up to 2 hours of homework between sessions. Optional peer meet-ups will be arranged between sessions for students to complete necessary homework.
- Thursday, 6/2, 6:30pm – 9:30pm
- Thursday, 6/9, 6:30pm – 9:30pm
- Thursday, 6/16, 6:30pm – 9:30pm
- Thursday, 6/23, 6:30pm – 9:30pm
You’ll walk away with:
- A strong understanding of how to draw and fabricate using vectors
- A fully-functional wall clock made by you!
- Tips and tricks to create and assemble multimedia works of art
- Clearance to use our Large Format Laser & Vinyl Cutter