Learn basic vector design skills for CNC by creating simple wall clocks in Inkscape. We’ll realize your design on the Laser & Vinyl Cutter in this 4-week intensive with local artist, Lizzee Solomon (list of dates at bottom of description).!
You’ll learn how to draw 2D designs using vector software, and will be able to jump head-first into the world of vector drawing for CNC. You will also learn how to operate our highly versatile Large Format Laser Cutter and easy-to-use CNC Vinyl Cutter to realize your designs in a variety of materials. As you develop these skills, you will experience first-hand how to start a project from design to execution using vector drawing software and CNC technology.
No clearance or prior experience required, however comfort using Windows computers is needed.
Non-members: $360; Members: $280
(you must be signed into your account to view the discount, learn more here)
This is an intensive, four-session course that includes membership and up to 2 hours of homework between sessions. Optional peer meet-ups will be arranged between sessions for students to complete necessary homework.
- Wednesday, 10/19, 6:30pm – 9:30pm
- Wednesday, 10/26, 6:30pm – 9:30pm
- Wednesday, 11/2, 6:30pm – 9:30pm
- Wednesday, 11/9, 6:30pm – 9:30pm
- Monday, 11/14, 6:00pm – 9:00pm
- Monday, 11/21, 6:00pm – 9:00pm
- Monday, 11/28, 6:00pm – 9:00pm
- Monday, 12/5, 6:00pm – 9:00pm
You’ll walk away with:
- A strong understanding of how to draw and fabricate using vectors
- A fully-functional wall clock made by you!
- Tips and tricks to create and assemble multimedia works of art
- Clearance to use our Large Format Laser & Vinyl Cutter
- 1 month General Membership & Locker Storage
- (4) 3 hour sessions of hands-on instruction
- Up to 2 hours of homework between sessions
- A private #class-channel on our discord server
- All the wood, acrylic, vinyl, and components for a custom 12” x 12” wall clock