Join local Karen Kocher as she walks you through the techniques needed to get started in welding in this 4-week intensive (list of dates at bottom of description).
Over the course of four weeks, you will learn the fundamentals of MIG welding and metal fabrication. Get hands-on practice cutting metal components, operating the welder, creating various weld patterns, grinding and cleaning up your pieces, and professionally finishing your steel tube structure with Powder Coat.
Not only will you gain the skills needed to make a modern end table with a beautiful wood top and powder coated steel frame, you will finally have a place to set your cup. (Just make sure you use a coaster)
Non-members: $360; Members: $280
(you must be signed into your account to view the discount, learn more here)
This is an intensive, four-session course for up to 4 students with up to 2 hours of homework between sessions. There will be optional peer meet-ups for students to complete necessary homework.
- Tuesday, 10/11, 6:30pm – 9:30pm
- Tuesday, 10/18, 6:30pm – 9:30pm
- Tuesday, 10/25, 6:30pm – 9:30pm
- Tuesday, 11/29, 6:00pm – 9:00pm
- Tuesday, 12/6, 6:00pm – 9:00pm
- Tuesday, 12/13, 6:00pm – 9:00pm
- Tuesday, 12/20, 6:00pm – 9:00pm
You’ll walk away with:
- A beautiful end table! And…
- The ability to cut and weld a steel tube structure;
- Practice finishing a wood table top;
- Clearance to use our MIG Welder, General Metal, Sandblasting Cabinet, and Powder Coating equipment to allow you to design and build your own amazing furniture
- 1 month General Membership & Locker Storage
- (4) 3 hour sessions of hands-on instruction
- Up to 2 hours of homework between sessions
- A private #class-channel on our discord server
- Mild steel tubing and reclaimed wood
Note: Please wear long sleeves, pants, and closed-toe shoes.