General Email: email@example.com
For Questions About Membership & Clearances: firstname.lastname@example.org
For Questions About Education/Classes: email@example.com
Please contact the Executive Director for any questions regarding accessibility.
For the safety and security of our community and members, Protohaven is only open to students (during scheduled class times), members, and guests of members.
Tours are available for non-members – see Scheduled Tours below.
Tours & Visiting Hours
For tours, please register for a time on our calendar!
Close-toed shoes are required when visiting the back half of the building; all other protective equipment will be provided.
You can call ahead (412-731-4400) on the day of your tour if you have any questions.
For in-person help with membership, scheduling, and other system support:
Tuesday – Friday: 10:00am – 4:00pm
Members can access our tools 7 days a week – and company members receive 24/7 access. Check out our memberships page for more details!
Monday – Friday: 10:00am – 10:00pm
Saturday – Sunday: 10:00am – 10:00pm
Unless otherwise announced, Protohaven is closed or has amended hours on the following holidays:
- Closed New Year’s Eve (December 31)
- Closed New Year’s Day (January 1)
- Closed Martin Luther King Day
- Closed Easter Sunday (One Sunday in late-March through mid-April)
- Closed Memorial Day (Last Monday in May)
- Closed Juneteenth Observation (June 20)
- Closed Independence Day (July 4)
- Closed Labor Day (First Monday in September)
- Closed Thanksgiving Day/National Day of Mourning (4th Thursday in November)
- Closed Day After Thanksgiving Day/National Day of Mourning
- Opening on the Saturday after Thanksgiving (November 28)
- Closed Christmas Eve (December 24)
- Closed Christmas Day (December 25)
Protohaven may also be closed occasionally due to weather or other events. Check the shop’s Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/protohaven) for announcements.