Protohaven is looking for Instructors!
Do you have skills or a passion that you’d like to share? Apply to be an Instructor at Protohaven!
What does it mean to be an Instructor at Protohaven?
Instructors are able to teach a single session course at least one course a month or an intensive course, that’s a deep dive into a subject one day a week for four weeks. Essentially, you get to share your talents and passion while getting paid for it.
All of our instructors are on a non-permanent, contract basis. This means that depending on our class needs any course that you teach may be added or removed as needed to meet demand.
Instructors also receive:
- Clearances on all equipment needed for your class(es)
- Pay rate of $30/hour
- Course development stipend
- 50% off Protohaven membership
- A cool space to meet new and seasoned makers!
Ideal applicants have one of the following:
- Class material ready to plug into our system.
- The ability to create a class, which includes a clear plan and set of objectives.
- The skills required to instruct any of our currently offered classes.
Not sure if your skill is needed or unsure if we have the equipment to support your material?
We’re also open to brand new ideas and courses that provide a need that we currently don’t serve!
These can be introductory (101-level) courses or courses that build on our current offerings.
Topics that we’re currently interested in providing more instruction around are:
- 3D Modeling
- 3D Printing
- 2.5D CNC Routing
- Game Design
- Textiles & Embroidery
- Precious Plastics
If you’re interested in being an Instructor at Protohaven, apply using this form.